Popular Posts

Monday, August 29, 2011

The 9th Month Approaches...


On Friday, my sweet baby boy, The Dude, will be 9 months old. He's already passed the mark of being out longer than he was in my belly. But the 9 month mark means that 3/4 of his first year of life have already passed. I think the time this first year goes so fast because the changes happen so fast. It's amazing seeing the small accomplishments and thinking back over the last nine months. He went from being a bean who couldn't move on his own and only ate, slept and occasionally pooped (seriously, the kid never pooped.) Now he's a little boy, who can baby, inchworm, pull himself up, clap, wave, high 5, laugh, stand assisted. The kid is a wiggleworm of epic proportions now. The only way to get him to sit still is to feed him. Methinks I might have a fat baby soon!

Speaking of the wiggleworm, his pension for exploring is quite tiresome, so last night I created a baby fort. I proclaimed it as the best idea I've ever had. John replied with "it's up there, but not the best. you've had some good ideas." I've trained him well.













It was great, because The Dude got to crawl around safely and play with his toys, and I wasn't constantly freaking out. I got to sit, read magazines and watch TV. Fantastic night.

I also started my Halloween crafting. I want to do it big this year! I'm so making a wreath (how badass of me.)
Both a Halloween and Lady Gaga reference. Love.

We've had a weekend of eating out. Not great for our bodies, but a lot of fun. Saturday I went to Aspen Creek with my mom so she could see The Dude and I could fill my belly before my tattoo appointment. We got a special treat at Aspen Creek...
POOP FACE!!!
Then I got to get my tattoo that commemorated my love of pinups and my 2 girls, and pits in general. John got Jude's footprint (from his birth certificate) underneath our wedding tattoo. I'll take a picture later. I love how mine turned out.


In the last update of The Dude, he is now saying Dada. However, it's never directed to John. It's just his new random monosyllabic noise coming out of his mouth. He'll eventually get it. And I'll definitely take dadadadada over uh uh uh uh uh. And nanananana. That sounds too much like "no." And he's too young to tell me "no!"

The rest of the weekend:






No comments:

Post a Comment