Popular Posts

Friday, August 12, 2011

Saving dogs, missing The Dude and other general musings on a slow friday

It's Friday afternoon. I'm sitting at work with little to no motivation. I also have little to no work to do right now. It's always a slow week when the boss is out of town.

My biggest accomplishment of the day thus far is that I have potentially helped save a dog. Everything is still up in the air right now, but it seems as though it could very possibly work out. I love nothing more than helping to save a life. I can't do much physically right now, but I can work like hell to spread the word/network and be a go-between.

Speaking of cute, cuddly things- I so miss The Dude today. He cried again when hubs and I dropped him off at day care. In one way, I absolutely hate it because it's the most pathetic thing to see a baby screaming, red-faced with his chubby little arms reaching out to you, saying "don't leave me!". Of course, he's not actually saying that. If his language skills were that advanced at 8 months, I'd be contacting Harvard, because he'd obviously be a genius. :) In the other way, I love when he does that, because he recognizes us as mommy and daddy and knows that we love him and he loves us. There's no feeling quite like it.

He's so clingy now. I tried to put him in his walker last night, and he dug his nails in and did a pull up on my shoulder to stay in my arms. Needless to say, the kid didn't go down in the walker. I've never been one to worry that my holding him "too much" and cuddling with him would make him too clingy. Luckily, I also read in Parents magazine yesterday that it's a total myth that holding your kid too much had negative effects on their life. Ha! Suck it.

Nothing sweeter than a baby face

Coddling the boy too much- cuddling while he sleeps


And, lastly, I paid for my first app ever. It's the ever popular Hipstamatic camera app. Everyone and their mom has it, and now I do too. It's silly, but it's fun.
My dogs and the grass-less parts of my backyard look so much cooler through "vintage film"

The shadow on this is a perfect pitty silhouette

My backyard almost looks pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment