Popular Posts

Monday, August 15, 2011

Lions and Tigers and Bears...Oh My!

We took The Dude to the zoo yesterday for the first time! I'll have pictures for the next post hopefully. I really don't know if he liked it or not. He had fun with mommy and daddy, but I don't think he paid any attention to the animals. I did manage to get him to look at some fish; however, when we showed him the monkeys, he was more interested in the fencing. I was hoping we could get him to feed the giraffes, but we had missed all the shows, trainings, and feedings. I still had a blast and we're going back on Thursday. We've had a membership for over 4 years, and I think we've gone twice not counting yesterday. I'm ready to get some use out of it, especially now that the weather is actually cooperating and he's old enough to not just sleep the whole time.

I brought The Dude to work with me for the morning today. It was interesting. He used to be great here. Now, not so much. He's just too inquisitive and wiggly. Which is adorable at home. It's very annoying when you're on the phone with a carrier and he pulls the cord out of the phone. I liked having him here, but was ready for him to go home with daddy pretty quickly.

I had the biggest scare yet on Saturday. First, I should start with the fact that right now, The Dude has an ear infection, croup and thrush. This is on top of his virally-induced asthma. So he had 3 new prescriptions on Saturday. That night I was feeding him his freshly-pureed pineapple. I went to throw the bib in the wash and when I came back to him he had blood pouring out of his mouth. Okay, not like exorcist pouring, but like a heavy nosebleed coming out of his mouth. My first thought was some kind of reaction to the medicine. I cleaned up his mouth and remembered that he finally has a single tooth coming in. He also now sucks on his bottom lip trying to relieve the pain of teeth cutting through your gums. Luckily, once we cleaned up his bloody mouth, we found a small cut on his tongue. It stopped bleeding and that was the end of that drama. In retrospect, if I hadn't been so concerned, I totally would have taken a picture, cause The Dude did look pretty bad ass with blood dripping out of his mouth.

That's bad. He wouldn't look like a badass. He'd look like a sick baby and I'd look like a terrible, insensitive mom. Whatever.

No zoo pictures yet, but here's a random assortment of our life through my phone:

His visor and his expression crack me up

The kid looks good in a hat

The first picture he posed for. He saw the flash and went for it

Learning that the flash means make a funny face

Posing with a sweet face

Tore up and ate a magazine page. Tough work.

There's just too much to do on that dang exersaucer.

He sleeps there so he can wake up and resume play at the same place.

I think every baby sleeps like this, but it doesn't make it any less adorable.

Momma love.




No comments:

Post a Comment