Popular Posts

Thursday, April 7, 2011

A post pretty much all about food...

I really thought I would be good at blogging, but I've most definitely been slacking.

I took The Dude to the doctor yesterday for his 4 month checkup. He's now 14 pound 4 ounces and in the 35-40th percentile in his weight! Yeah! For reference, at 6 weeks he was in the 3rd percentile. I'm so proud of my little big man. He started eating solids yesterday. I LOVE being able to spoon feed him. I was getting so sick of bottles all the time. Obviously, he still has to have his bottle, but it's nice to have some variety. He'll be eating baby food in a few weeks, which means it's time to start making our own. I love that I can do that and start him off as healthy as possible. I pray that he doesn't get my eating habits and taste buds. In everything else he takes after his dad, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll eat like John too.

I'm still pumping and nursing as much as I can. It's starting to feel like a fruitless effort, but I'm just not ready to give it up yet. I had so planned on nursing him with little to no formula for a year, but my body said a big, fat NO to that. That's been the only disappoint since he's come along. At least I have a little bit and keep it going for awhile. It is an amazing experience. I hope that when we decide to have our second child that it will come in. Fingers crossed.

The Dude has also started sleeping in his own room, in his own crib. He does great. I, on the other hand, am not doing so great with it. I sleep a lot less and just stare at that video monitor making sure he's breathing and just looking at him thinking I can't believe I made that.

I read an article not too long ago about a study that said that non-parents were happier than parents. I have a really hard time believing that. I can see advantages on both sides, but I can tell you that Jude outweighs anything that I might "miss" from before I had him. Did I take off on random vacations all the time? No. Do I miss having parties pretty much every weekend and the hangovers and beyond messy house that came with them? No. I still enjoy my friends and having a party every once in a while, but nothing compares to The Dude. I can't wait to add to my brood. John thinks we're waiting 3-4 years. I'm willing to be that I can convince him when Jude's 2. This is the guy who wanted to wait til he was 30 to have a baby. He turned 27 the day The Dude was born.

Now I get to look forward to Florida in a couple months. I absolutely cannot wait. 8 whole days with the husband, The Dude and my sister with no distractions, no work and no cares. Ahh....

Sitting on my Aunt BB's lap

I asked him "who's the cutest boy in the world" and this is what he did. :)

Looking a little concerned

He looks so old in this one! (It's the skinny jeans)

His face in this is adorable. He was watching TV and loving the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment