Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Losing motivation...

I want to start by saying I'm pretty damn happy with my job. I love my coworkers, I love my boss, I love my office. But I'm starting to get really tired of being promised things that aren't happening. Not working for Eric in January 2010? Yeah, try November 2010, and that's only because I was put on bedrest. By the time I came back from maternity leave, there was no more mention of working for him any more. Making $XX.XX/hour by the end of 2010? Still waiting. Quarterly reviews? Oh wait! Now they're bi-annual reviews. But I haven't had a review since June or July of 2010, so by the time these come around, it will have been one year. It's so frustrating to do so much and be so underpaid.

It was brought to my attention today that there is a job out there that I am more than qualified for that would net me about 40k a year. It's not a company I particularly want to work at. I don't know if I could ever really leave here. But damn, that's some good motivation. I'll go ahead and say it. I made under 18k last year. And I know the economy tanked, but still, in this industry, that's severely underpaid. I graduated from college with honors, and I bust my ass here. My husband has a salon manager job, has one year of college education and made a CONSIDERABLE amount more than me. It's more than disheartening. Knowing that I could be making more than double what I am making now? It makes it so tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment